Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ravenloft's Doin' So Good...

I've been painting seriously (as in, I know where my paints and brushes are in the house) for about three weeks now, and last night I actually played a game with what I painted! shocking milestone, I know! Last night Steve hosted our Boardgame Club's game of Castle Ravenloft. He provided custom Hirstarts board pieces, and we played with the Ravenloft minis I've been working on.

These pictures were meant to get the board more than the minis. In fact, I bet most of the monsters are the pre-paints from the Dungeon Command sets that we stocked the deck with. But we did pull out my gargoyles, spiders, skeletons (non-blazing), rats, and ghouls at various points. No wolves or kobolds, so it was a challenging game!
 

The board looked great, great enough for me to never want to make anything like that ever. My hat's off to the caster hobbyists; that stuff looks incredible. But I'll stick to cardstock, or as I'm currently doing, nothing.

Anyway, it was great to play with a fully painted set! Which is not exactly true: I haven't touched the translucents. I think I'm going to paint the bones in my Blazing skeletons and ink the wraiths.

No comments:

Post a Comment