Thursday, May 2, 2013

Heroes of Ravenloft, Part 2


Returning to the heroes of the Ravenloft set! The second half is the Human Ranger and the Dwarf Cleric.

This female dual-wield ranger is a pretty great sculpt, and it's too bad that WOTC half-assed the paint apps in prepaint for the Heart of Cormyr set.

I wanted her in greens and browns, which made me lean towards red hair. Her chest armor is a scale sculpt, so I tried to vary between gold, copper, and the occasional flat orange to make a fishscale-like effect. I've seen this look awesome on Aquaman action figures, and if Aquaman does it, it must be cool guys. I don't think this was a total success; the area isn't large enough and there aren't enough scales. But with smaller scales I couldn't achieve the granularity of this effect. I think it still looks interesting.


This dwarf cleric is an interesting sculpt, mostly robes or jacket. I tried to do him in a rich red to make a stab at color-coding the heroes (I've got a yellow fighter, a green ranger, a purple mage, and a grey rogue). He's a young dwarf and hasn't gone greybeard yet; otherwise he'd have the wisdom to stay the hell out of Strahd's house. I like him, especially the epaulette-looking things. We called him Captain Dwarf of the S.S. Moradin when we played.

No comments:

Post a Comment