Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Painting Bone is the Gift you Give Yourself


Oh man, that's what I should have called this blog. That's why I'm doing this, cause recently I've got a real painting bone, heh heh heh.



Back in, I guess high school, my friend Bien used to paint Space Wolves, and he loved doing all the bone on those sculpts. Bone was the best effect you could do, according to him, especially in a time vs reward analysis. And he's right. I haven't done bone in years, but doing these skeletons brought it all back. You go from black to brown to other brown to white and then you're done, and it looks great, and it took you ten minutes for the three of them.



I've got some other skeletons: Descent has some skeleton archers, and of course there's Reaper Bones stuff to think of. I'm going to stockpile them and do them all at once, just totally bone out.


No comments:

Post a Comment