Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Night WIPs: Don't Panic

I finished one of these guys yesterday, but my baby had a five hour meltdown and there was never time for a blog picture. So! Two from Ashardalon: the Half-Orc Rogue and the Otyugh! Accompanying them is the star of yesterday's WIP pic, the Bones Minotaur!

This rogue is a badass, a really expressive sculpt. He may be getting sneak attacks because the monsters are afraid to admit they spotted him. I love how he's a rogue and... how to put this... not a halfling.

I wanted to do the minotaur in white, so I started with yellow and worked up. White bulls are more likely to have grey skin folds, but I know I've seen animals like him somewhere. I may end up with one or two more of these guys to do different hides and colors.

The otyugh turned into the Hitchhiker's Guide Guy, but in my defense not until the very end of my paint job!  The traditional colors are brown or orange, but I got a nice dinosaur look out of this green and yellow; it grounds him in reality even though he had three legs and two hairbrush tentacles.

Tomorrow is Paint Club! I've got nine more minis in this set, and I might knock out between four and six of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment