Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday Night WIPs: Rev. Shiny and the Spider

Tonight I knew I could finish my Bones Giant Spider, but I'd only get through the Ashardalon Human Cleric if I was lucky. Which I was, although I'm also up late. So Spider here is a simple drybrush job, lots of chitinous surfaces to catch four ascending shades of blue. I did the mandible in transparent blue to suggest that they were dripping with venom.

The cleric looks pretty good for how fast he came together.  You'll just have to trust me, though, because he's designed to photograph well on the shield and the cloak and nothing else. I had to hold his plastic arm down while I did the face. I guess you don't enjoy photos of minis; that the actual use case is the physical mini that you turn around and look at, but this sculpt blocks you at literally every turn. It is dynamic, I'll give them that. The armor had lots of big interesting blocks, and this would be a good candidate for NMM, but instead I just went all metallic or white. In sharp light it gives the effect I was after: the White Cleric to go with my Red Fighter, Blue Paladin, Green Wizard, and Yellow Rogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment