Saturday, June 22, 2013

Saturday Night WIPs: Big Blank Shields

Good day of painting! I finished the three Duergar Guards, three Legion Devils, the Duergar Captain, and even put a couple of minutes into the Half-Orc Rogue. Most of these minis were of a theme: they were all wearing lots of armor, and they all got the same metallic-black-to-silver stuff people have been doing since the 80s.

I've never fielded Duergar against a party in a D&D game, but I might start. They're like a race of evil Papa Smurfs... the way painted them anyway.

Oh, and I freehanded the shields on the three guards. They turned out better than I expected! If I had known that the skulls would look like this I wouldn't have done that red Chaos arrow thing, I would have aimed higher.

These guys put me well over the halfway point on Ashardalon. I'll definitely finish before my Bones Kickstarter comes in the mail. Reaper's got a countdown going (like everyone else, I watch it a fair deal hoping to see my hometown) but I don't think my package will be here until at least July 15th. I've got some Games Workshop miniatures and the Sedition Wars box, but I don't think I want to inflict my old paints on them (a paint refresh is planned, facilitated by the Kickstarter). So I guess I'll move on to Legends of Drizzt.

Tomorrow I want to finish the rogue and tuck into my Bones Minotaur.

No comments:

Post a Comment